Tuesday 5 October 2010

Panorama, Pensions and my Pension Performance Review Service




Are you worried about the Panorama Pension news last night?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11452857

My clients are not.

For anyone who attended my Pension Review Seminars in 2009 the news that the Co-op have one of the most expensive plans is not news – I used data from the Financial Services Authority website to demonstrate that over 18 months ago.

Have I ever advised a client to have a Co-Op Individual Personal Pension, an HSBC World Selections Personal Pension or Legal and General's Co-funds Portfolio Pension ? – No.

Are charges one of the ways in which pensions can be worth less than you thought? Yes!

Is this the only factor? – No! Of course not, but it is one of three main factors. And over-charging on old style pensions is a problem.

It is just one of three, along with poor performance and lack of monitoring and management in line with your personal attitude to risk and volatility that contribute to under performing pensions.

Click here to read about my Pension Performance Review Service.

http://www.iangreen.com/pensionperformance.php


You’ll discover the three main factors that contribute to ‘The Under Performing Pension Trap’
You’ll also discover how I can help if you are worried this affects your pension.

I am offering a free Pension Performance Review* (usual fee £470+VAT) for any UK based pension worth over £60,000 if you mention ‘Panorama’ – just email iangreen@iangreen.com to discuss your situation with no obligation.

* Offer ends 12 noon 31 October 2010

1 comment:

  1. Ian Green: I noticed another blog post by another IFA who said that:
    "It is important to point out that offers of a ‘free’ review, even from an independent financial adviser, are unlikely to be entirely unbiased.

    The aim of advisers offering a ‘free’ review of any existing arrangements, including pension plans, is to identify opportunities to transfer plans and earn commission."

    I refute this entirely.
    As my offer above clearly states, this is a limited time offer to assist people who already feel let down by pensions. It is my attempt to help them help themselves and I resent the implication of non-independence.


    They go on to say:
    "If you are tempted to accept the offer of a ‘free’ pension review, always question the motivation of the adviser – an individual who will only get paid if they recommend a movement of money.
    Many independent financial advisers who operate on this basis act with impartiality and integrity. There remains the risk that their offer of ‘free’ advice is not so altruistic."

    Here is my response: I you think think my offer of a free review (up to end Oct 2010) is anything other than as it states, simply pay my normal fee (as stated in the offer) of £470(+VAT)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.