Tuesday 19 October 2010

Dear Diary, Tuesday

I was so busy last week I didn’t have time to blog.
So this week I thought I’d write up a diary of last week to give a little insight as to what I get up to, where I do it and who I do it with!


Tuesday 12th October

An early start as I head into The City for a breakfast meeting with one of our key business/technology supplier/partners – Standard Life.

Green Financial use the Standard Life Wrap as a core part of our wealth management proposition for clients so keeping up to date with changes and improvements – and ironing out the occasional problem – is a key strategic job for me.


The time passes pleasantly and quickly eased by a delicious coffee from a small, niche, establishment you may not have heard of. If you ever notice a shop called tucked away on a street near you, do give it a go. I think 'Starbucks' might catch on…


Straight off then to the Hoxton Hotel. The location of recent client visits mean I get a hatrick of mentions on Twitter from the Hoxton Hoxbot!

Today though is an all day training course on a piece of software I use for client lifetime cashflow forecasting.

I learned a number of new things, brushed up on a few elements I was rusty on but as always, despite the course and trainer being of the highest quality I would argue I learned as much from my fellow delegates as the material itself.

Perhaps the biggest eye opener for me in using this software in recent times, given where we are as a nation economically, and why my clients consult with me on their financial planning, is the use of annuities in lifetime cashflow creation. Annuity has almost become a dirty word in some quarters but there is no doubt that for the right person, at the right time, an annuity can be key to a lifetime of income – or to put it another way, a great way of ensuring that bills can be paid for life without worrying about running out of money. But as with all similar things, they are not right for all folks at all times.
More information on how I use this software with clients is on my website at http://www.iangreen.com/timeline.php

As I cram onto the tube in rush hour to return home I consider myself thankful that I don’t have to do this everyday now that Green financial is located ten minutes from my house in Putney and make a mental note to sign up to the Boris Bike scheme to avoid the crush in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.