Monday 23 August 2010

Make Money AND Make a Difference


"Make Money AND Make a Difference"

is the theme for this year's National Ethical Investment Week, scheduled for November 7th to 13th 2010

This will be the third NEIW and the third time that I have supported it. In a previous blog I posted much the same sentiment as the theme for this year, that it is possible to be mostly or partly green (or ethical or socially responsible - take your pick of the actual word) without having to be fully green and that choosing this type of investment does not mean sacrificing performance.

As with all investment funds there are some good and some bad performers. There may even be more of a case these days for mainstream companies performing better if they are green.

In preparation for the week I participated in a teleconference today with many other members of the UK Sustainable Investment & Finance Organisation (UKSIF) . It was hosted by Penny Shepherd MBE, chief executive of UKSIF. I learned of many of the activities planned and have already provided my web designers with html script to update my website with info on the event!

As an IFA, I am almost constantly updating my knowledge on various matters. Part of my professional obligation is to update and record my CPD (Continuous Professional Development). So once again, I took the UKSIF online course and exam and I am delighted to say I once again passed with flying colours. I proudly display my certificate below :-)

No doubt I will blog again with regard to the week, especially as the event nears but for now, if you are interested in finding out more have a look at: www.neiw.org or see if you can spot my logo amongst the supporters at www.neiw.org/neiw2010/supporters

And feel free to test my knowledge with your ethical investment questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.