Monday 3 January 2011

4th January closed due to bereavement

Green Financial Advice is closed on the 4th January due to bereavement.

Ever since I started working in life insurance fifteen years ago and received this advice as part of my training, I have been aware that a death claim is just a telephone call away.

I have been fortunate over the last decade and a half to only have had to deal with a handful of claims.

Green Financial Advice is closed today as I am attending the funeral of a client that passed away just before Christmas.

But this isn’t just a client. And whilst any death claim is horrible and any passing is tragic, this is particularly awful as the person that passed away was one of my best friends.

I met Bill when we were in our late teens and we spent the next decade doing the things you’d expect young men to be doing!

A decade on, and he and I were best man at each other’s weddings.

Many of the happiest, funniest, most warmly recollected memories I have involve Bill.

Another decade on and tragically Bill is no longer with us. Bill was just 38, leaves a widow and two beautiful young children aged just three and seven.

It is my honour to have been asked to read at the funeral by Bill’s widow.

So even though I realise that as a life insurance salesman 'death' is always just a telephone call away and it is always painful to deal with, this claim and the events on 4th January are that much more painful.

Bill will be missed greatly by me and all who knew him.

Green Financial Advice will re-open on Wednesday 5th January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.